Rum cake is one of the most popular cakes which is prepared around the world on Christmas. And why not? Turning the rum into a cake is truly incredible. The cake is sweet, fluffy, and moist with the taste of warm buttery rum sauce. So, here is the recipe for an easy rum cake to enjoy with loved ones. Made with essential ingredients, walnuts, butter, flour, and the star ingredient rum, this recipe will bound to stand out. So get high by baking this yum-rum cake.
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- ¾ cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup dark rum (Old monk / Bacardi)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
For Rum Syrup:
- ½ cup salted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup dark rum
- ¼ cup water
How To Make Rum Walnut Cake?
- Begin to make this fluffy cake; you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180°C).
- Take a bowl, add unsalted butter and sugar, whisk them until they turn light and smooth. You can use a stand mixer/hand mixer to whisk these two ingredients.
- Now break the eggs in the same bowl and whisk all of them again. Again, remember to mix well after each addition of the ingredients.
- Now add milk and old monk (dark rum) with the vanilla extract and again mix well. First with the help of a spatula and then with the hand/ stand mixer.
- Now add 2 cups of all-purpose flour and 2 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp baking soda to the mixing bowl. Mix them until they combine. Circulate in one direction only, and mix everything till it comes in a smooth, thick batter, and then it’s ready to transfer in a baking tray/bowl.
- Now grease a 10-inch bundt pan/ bowl /mould with butter or vegetable oil. Make sure you grease correctly, as the cake comes out easily after baking. Dust some dry flour over the pan and discard excess by taping downwards on the kitchen platform/another tray.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the crushed walnuts in the base of the pan and all raisins and some walnuts in the cake batter for the crunchy taste of walnuts in each bite.
- Put the baking bowl in the middle rack of the oven and bake this for 40-45 minutes or until it turns crispy brown.
- Insert a knife in the cake to check if it comes out clean. It means it's done or not, then bake for another 5-7 minutes. Then, remove the pan from the oven.
- Take a saucepan, heat salted butter, sugar, dark rum, and water in a pan. Simmer them on low flame, continuously stir for about 4-5 minutes. Make a thick syrup.
- Gently pour the hot syrup over the warm cake. Let the cake soak the syrup. It takes 5-6 minutes. Set aside to cool the cake completely.
Your rum cake is ready, cut into slices and serve.