Not Just Salads, You Can Use Avocado To Make Ice Cream Too, Here's A Recipe
- Ria Baidya
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Avocado ice-cream is a super delicious, healthy treat you can enjoy with a little less-guilt
'I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream'- this popular chant will never get old just like our sheer love for the dessert. Ice-cream is hands down one of the most adored desserts that everyone from kids to adults can never turn down. Be it a sundae or an ice candy, ice cream can never be boring. Summers are the time when you enjoy ice cream the most. So, why not start making them at home as well. Nowadays, many of us are conscious of our diet and avoid sweet treats because of the excess calories and sugar. Market-bought ice creams are always under the radar for preservatives and artificial sweeteners which makes it difficult for the people who are on a weight loss journey to indulge. That’s why we bring you the recipe of avocado ice-cream which is super healthy and will not make you regret a bit. Avocados have a rich nutrient profile which can make this vegan dessert a perfect addition to your healthy treats. And the best part about this sweet-treat is that you don’t need any ice cream maker to whip up this amazing guilt-free dessert. So, without further ado, here’s the recipe.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 ½ cup full-fat almond milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 4 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
1. Take a loaf pan and put it in the refrigerator for at least 24 hrs.
2. In a blender add the avocados, bananas, almond milk, honey and lemon juice. Blend until it is smooth. Make sure to add the solid parts of the milk so that the ice-cream gets a good texture.
3. Pour the mixture into the chilled loaf pan and spread it evenly with a help of spatula.
4. Place the pan in the refrigerator for at least 5hrs. For better results leave it overnight.
Enjoy your homemade, luscious avocado ice-cream.