Making creamy lemon pie is no rocket science, all you have to take care of is not to overcook it. You can easily make this fancy pie at home.
Here’s how you can make the creamy lemon pie in your kitchen.
- 2 cups condensed milk
- Fresh lemon juice ( 3-4 large lemons )
- 4 Egg yolks
- 5 tablespoon butter ( unsalted )
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon cream ( fresh whipped cream )
For the pie crust:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Take a mixing bowl, add flour, salt, sugar, and butter. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips.
- You can sprinkle some water and use your hands to gently knead it into a soft dough. Take a 9-inch baking pan and press down the dough firmly on the bottom and sides.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the edges are stiff. If you feel the edges of the crust brown too quickly while baking, cover the pan lightly with foil.
For the filling:
- In a small saucepan, whisk 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/3 cup cold water until the cornflour is dissolved. Heat over medium flame and beat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine condensed milk, cornstarch mixture, lemon juice, and egg yolks, and whisk properly ( you can use an electric mixer ). Pour into the warm crust.
- Bake the pie for 18-21 minutes. After that, allow it to cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
- For the topping, spread a layer of whipped cream on the pie using a spatula. Enjoy this delectable dessert when you have friends and family gatherings at home.
Note: It is important not to overcook this pie because if the eggs are overcooked, the surface will crack.