Move Over Your Regular Fries, Try This Chilli Cheese French Fries Recipe Today
- Ria Baidya
Updated : July 06, 2022 11:07 IST
Chilli cheesy French fries basically consists of all blockbuster elements that will surely make you fall in love with this recipe.
Nothing defines finger food better than the classic French fries. In every fast-food restaurant this is one of the first things that you order without thinking. Crispy outside, white and soft on the inside, French fries is perhaps one of the things that restores our faith in all things simple and delicious. Classic French fries are made with regular potatoes which are deep fried then seasoned with salt. The sheer popularity of the ubiquitous finger food gave rise to various kinds of fries that are now available all around the world. They come in every shape and size, with scrumptious flavours that always leave us intensely satisfied.
Needless to say, we are also all for these creative experiments and have tried to revamped the classic fries into delightful chilli cheesy French fries. The heat in this dish is perfectly balanced by the cheese with its creaminess. This tantalizing dish might need some patience and time.
But trust us it’s totally worth the wait. Once you are done with the preparation, you will surely enjoy the oodles of cheese coming out of the fries with every bite. So, here’s the recipe for chilli french fries.
- 1 packet frozen seasoned french fries
- 1 ½ tbsp corn-starch
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 cups chilli sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 8 cheese slices, cut into pieces
1. Cook the fries according to the instructions written on the package.
2. To make the slurry add corn-starch and water in a small bowl. Stir it well and keep it aside.
3. In a thick bottom pan bring milk and butter to a boil. Make sure to continuously stir it.
4. Lower the flame to medium heat and add the slurry into the pan with onion powder and garlic powder. Cook and stir the mixture until it is thick and smooth.
5. Then add the cheese to the milk mixture. Stir them together until the cheese has completely melted and well combined with other ingredients. Turn off the flame.
6. Top your plate of french fries with chilli sauce and prepared cheese sauce. Give it a good mix.
Your scrumptious treat is ready to be devoured.