Move Over Caesar-Salad, Try This Maharashtrian Salad Koshimbir And Lose Weight- The Desi Way
- Ria Baidya
Updated : July 02, 2022 03:07 IST
Koshimbir is a delicious mix of veggies accompanied with yogurt which is what you deserve in this heat.
In summers eating light and right is the best way to survive the wrath of the weather. The rising temperature constantly makes our body dehydrated, we literally lose water through sweat which makes us tired and grumpy. This also leads to poor digestion as our digestive system becomes slower and weaker further leading to stomach related ailments. Thus, eating healthy food is the perfect option to avoid such situations. Consuming leafy greens and vegetables has proven beneficial for health as it is laden with essential vitamins, minerals and fibers. There are various ways to enjoy them, whether in the form of curries, shakes, smoothies or even sauces. One of the best ways to reap the benefits of these vegetables is to eat them raw and a quick salad is what comes to mind. Salad is a blend of many ingredients which makes it ten times healthier and yummy. Today, we bring you the recipe of Maharashtrian-style salad which is known as Koshimbir, this includes yogurt, onions, tomatoes and cucumbers with a little hint of spices. This veggie yogurt salad is not only delicious but also has probiotic supplements which can sooth your digestive problems and will surely keep you refreshed throughout the summer. So, without further ado, here’s the recipe.
- 1 ½ cups yogurt
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 2-3 nos. green chillies
- 1-2 tbsp crushed peanuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 3-4 curry leaves
- ½ tbsp mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1. In a bowl add yogurt and whisk it nicely.
2. Then add onions, tomatoes, carrot, cucumbers, green chillies, crushed peanuts, cilantro, salt and cumin powder. Mix them well and keep it aside
3. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat, when the oil is hot enough, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida. Sauté them for 2-3 minutes. Try not to burn the mixture.
4. After this immediately add the sautéed mixture into the salad bowl and give it a good mix.
Your creamy and refreshing koshimbir is ready.