Monsoon Recipe: Try These Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries For A Healthy Bite
Updated : July 15, 2021 10:07 IST
This recipe has every flavour from sweet to savoury that will surely make you revisit the idea of French Fries
Monsoon calls for fried titbits to accompany with kadak chai. French fries can be a great option to enjoy this time. You can additionally make this healthy by switching the regular potatoes with its other tuber cousin, the sweet potato (shakarkandi). This variant of potato is extremely healthy as they have little-less starch and also replete with 'good' carbs. They have a distinct, mild sweetness to it, which can bring a unique edge to the dish. The recipe of roasted garlic parmesan sweet potato can become an instant hit in your family. It has everything from sweet to savoury flavours, which will surely satiate you to bits. The presence of garlic will give a piquant flavour to the snack, while the sweetness of the potato will balance the sharp taste of the dish. In this recipe parmesan enhances the dish with its cheesy creaminess. This recipe will surely replace your regular fries with its bursting flavours. The best part about the dish is that you don’t need a bunch of ingredients to prepare it. So, do try this lip-smacking recipe of garlic parmesan sweet potato fries this monsoon.
1. Preheat the oven to 450*F while prepping for the parmesan garlic sweet potato fries.
2. Line the baking tray with parchment paper and lightly spray the cooking spray.
3. Slice the potatoes into ¼ inch sticks roughly and put them in a bowl.
4. Add butter, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix it well with the sweet potato.
5. Then add the garlic and parsley. Mix it again.
6. Tip them onto a baking tray and try to arrange them in a single layer.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they are golden and crispy. Remember to flip it occasionally.
8. Once the fries are cooked and crispy remove them from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top.
9. Place it back in the oven and let it bake for another couple of minutes until the cheese is melted and crispy in texture.
Your scrumptious roasted garlic parmesan sweet potato is ready.