Machi For The Soul: How to Make The Kerala Style Fish Fry
- Mehak Vohra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Unlike the common belief, cooking seafood at home is easy. Try the recipe of Kerala style fish fry and you would know why we are saying what we are saying.
What’s better than fried fish in coconut oil and marinated with spices and curry leaves? Nothing beats this. It’s crunchy, spicy, and absolutely going to be your next favourite food. This dish is shallow fried but you can also deep fry to get an even better crust.
The recipe calls for under ten ingredients and can also be prepared in under ten minutes.
If you are ever out of ideas, this is a great starter and served alongside rice the perfect main course too. It’s also wonderful to serve at dinner parties to impress those guests.
Here’s the recipe for the Kerala Style Fish Fry.
1 kg of fish pomfret
2 tbsp of lemon juice
7-8 curry leaves
1-2 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp of red chili
1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp of pepper powder
1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
1. Thoroughly clean the fish, create skits on both sides.
2. Mix the red chili powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, salt, and lemon juice in a bowl.
3. Take the masala and completely coat the entirety of the fish.
4. Let it marinate for thirty minutes.
5. In a pan, add some oil and let it heat up for shallow frying.
6. Gently drop the fish into the pan and add the curry leaves.
7. Allow it to fry till golden-brown and has also developed some char.
8. Flip to cook the other side.
9. Once cooked completely, take tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
1. Add to a plate and garnish with lemon and thinly sliced onion slices and fresh curry leaves.
2. Serve some rice alongside.