Looking For Light Supper Ideas? This Mushroom And Veggie Soup May Impress
Updated : July 15, 2021 10:07 IST
It is light, filling and very low in calorie and carbs, thus making for an excellent addition to your diet.
We love soups. Find us something that is as soothing, comforting and flavourful at once, we’ll wait. Moreover, is there any other meal that offers so much room for creativity? We doubt. You can simmer anything in the pot, from veggies, meat, herbs, exotic spices, milk, cream and you know you are going to be impressed with the results. The real game-changer here is a good recipe, if you have a good soup recipe by your disposal, you may even consider skipping dinner altogether.
This mushroom and veggies soup recipe by food blogger and stylist Vindhya Karwa (@vinsplate on Instagram) is one such recipe we are hooked on to these days.
It is light, filling and very low in calorie and carbs, thus making for an excellent addition to your diet. Now without further ado, let’s get to the recipe.
1. First of all, heat olive oil in a pan.
2. Then add cloves of crushed garlic, followed by washed and cleaned chopped mushrooms in the same pan. Keep sauteing until your mushrooms leave all moisture and turn slightly golden brown.
3. Next, throw in some chopped red yellow bell green pepper and zucchini for the essential crunch and colour. Keep sautéing for 2-3 minutes.
4. Now add a tbsp of fresh rosemary herb. Alternatively, you can also use 2tsp of dry rosemary.
5. Throw in diced leek into the pan and sautee.
6. Take your cashews, blend it in one glass of water in a mixer and pour it in the pan.
7. Add salt and black pepper as per taste and allow it to come to a boil. Now add water accordingly until you get the consistency you want. Boil again.
8. Serve hot.
Sounds like a cakewalk, right? How about you try it out today. Do let us know how you liked it.