This quinoa recipe is made with roasted cauliflowers. Here’s how you can cook this tasty lunch.
Ingredients ( serving 6 )
1 head cauliflower
2 cups quinoa
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon butter
3 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 small red onion
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 cup chopped parsley
pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F. Cut the cauliflower into florets and cut the red onion into small strips. Put the cauliflower flowers and chopped red onion in a large bowl, along with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix the cauliflower and onion until they are well coated with oil.
- Divide the cauliflower and onion on a large baking sheet and place them in the oven. Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes, mix well, then roast for another 10-15 minutes or until the onions are caramelised and the cauliflower is golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa well with a colander. Place the butter, garlic, turmeric, cumin and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Put the pan over medium heat. Stir and cook for one minute.
- Place the drained quinoa in the pan with the butter and herbs. Also, add vegetable broth. Stir, then cover the pan, put on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. When it boils, lower the heat and cook the pan with the lid on for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes on a low heat, the quinoa should have absorbed all the broth. Remove the lid and melt the quinoa. Add the sliced almonds and mix. Let the quinoa cool slightly.
- Place the cooked quinoa, roasted cauliflower and red onion in a large bowl. Add the chopped parsley and mix until blended.
You can serve the prepared quinoa immediately or refrigerate it if you want to eat it cold.