This curd recipe is gluten-free and nut-free. Moreover, honey adds extra health benefits to this dessert.
Let's learn how to make the lemon honey curd.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large egg yolks
- ½ cup honey ( use organic honey )
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest ( grated )
- 4 large lemon juice
- Combine butter and honey in a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend at a low speed and then at a higher speed to get a smooth and fluffy mixture.
- Now, slowly add the eggs and egg yolks and whisk. Then add lemon juice and yeast to the bowl and whisk again. Make sure every ingredient is mixed well and formed a fluffy texture.
- Take a medium skillet ( use non-stick stainless steel ) and shift the mixture to it. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon for about 10-20 minutes.
- When the mixture is smooth and shiny, slowly increase the heat to medium. Continue cooking until the mixture thickens and the spoon resists dragging as it moves, which happens right at the boiling point.
- When the mixture boils, cook for another 15 seconds, stirring constantly and removing from the heat. As it cools, the curd thickens.
- Use this curd as a dip, dessert or even as a breakfast meal.
How to store the lemon honey curd?
First off, allow the curd to cool before placing it in a container. Make sure the lid of the container is airtight. You can store it in the refrigerator for about 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.