Are you reusing leftover rotis? Let us tell you some easy methods to convert it into desserts? Yes, it's possible! Try the recipes below by using leftover roti! Fret not! It doesn’t require many ingredients and will also save your time and energy.
Leftover Roti Kheer
- Leftover roti
- ½ litre Milk
- Sugar (as per taste)
- ⅓ cup Dry fruits (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 4 tablespoon Desi ghee
- Take leftover roti, crumbled or roughly cut into small pieces.
- Heat the pan, add ghee, add milk and boil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Then sugar (if required), add crumbled leftover roti.
- Give a good boil till it reduces the water, as much as you need the thickness.
- Add chopped dry fruits and cardamom powder.
Your Leftover Kheer is ready!
Leftover Roti Rabri
- Leftover roti 3-4
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ cup Condensed milk (adjust according to taste)
- Sugar (according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon Pistachios
- ½ sheet Silver foil/ varak
- Take leftover rotis, crumble through hands or knife, keep them aside.
- In a pan, heat milk and boil it.
- After the milk boils, lower the flame and add crumbled roti to it.
- Cook them until roti soaks the milk and the mixture thickens.
- Add condensed milk and mix them well.
- Cook the material; it turns in the consistency like a rabri.
- Turn off the flame, add drops of vanilla essence and mix the rabri gently.
- Transfer this to a serving bowl, garnish them with chopped pistachios and varak.
Serve the rabri chilled!
Leftover Roti Halwa
- Leftover roti
- 7 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 cup Water (adjust accordingly)
- 1 cup jaggery
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ cup Dry fruits (chopped)
- Take a grinder, cut the rotis into small pieces, and grind to make a coarse powder of roti.
- In a saucepan, add water jaggery and cardamom powder and simmer it. And keep it aside.
- In a separate pan, add ghee once it is heated, and add leftover roti coarse powder.
- Stir it, and cook until the powder turns brown and crisp.
- After it turns brown, add jaggery water to it.
- Keep stirring the halwa, check the consistency as you need it, and switch off the flame.
- Once the ghee is heated in a small pan, add chopped dry nuts over the halwa as garnishing.
Enjoy your leftover roti halwa.