In this cheesecake, you will find the same spicy sweetness as in the American cheesecake, but Japanese cheesecake is more fluffy and cottony.
To get the authentic taste, follow this recipe of Japanese cheesecake:
- 5 eggs
- 250 g cream cheese
- 50 g greek yogurt
- 50 g white chocolate
- 100 g cream
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 50 g butter ( unsalted )
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 100 g granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 ° F.
- Take a double-boiler, melt cream cheese and sugar. Keep stirring until the sugar is melted and the cream cheese is smooth. Remove from heat and let it slightly cool at room temperature.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan until it looks smooth. Remove from heat and add the white chocolate. Stir properly so that the chocolate melts and the mixture turns smooth.
- Pour the cream and chocolate mixture into the cream cheese mixture and stir until smooth.
- Take another bowl, combine egg yolks, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Sift flour and cornstarch in the bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Beat the egg yolk until thick with an electric whisk, and add granulated sugar. Continue whipping the eggs until it takes a foamy texture.
- Now, mix the yogurt into the cheesecake mixture and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a baking sheet lined with standard size parchment paper.
- Bake the cheesecake for about 45 to 60 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave to cool for 1 hour in the oven with the door open. Then bring it down to room temperature and let it cool in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
Enjoy this creamy Japanese cheesecake for dessert.