Instant Recipe: Try This Ginger, Garlic, Green Chilli Pickle Now
- Gatika Pal
Updated : July 28, 2022 09:07 IST
Pickle is a condiment found in every Indian household served as a side dish for meals or parathas.
Pickling is an old tradition in India, especially in the summertime. Our Dadi’s Nani's used to make pickles of different fruits or vegetables with the secret spices. The most popular is the mango pickle known as aam ka achar, produced in large quantities and kept in a pickle jar called barni. Pickling means to brine the vegetables in vinegar and leave them to ferment for some time. However, a perfect pickle takes a proper time to ferment (around 20-30 days). But if you don’t want to wait for months, then try these instant pickle recipes, giving a tangy, sweet, spicy, or sour taste to your buds. Also, try these delicious homemade pickles that are easy to make with local vegetables.
Quick Ginger, Garlic And Green Chilli Pickle
This quick pickle is easy to prepare in less time and is accompanied by parathas, puris, daal chawal, khichdi. This pickle brings the earthy, spicy flavor of ginger, garlic, and green chili for a taste of tanginess.
- 50 gm ginger (peeled and julienned)
- 20 gm small garlic cloves
- 50 gm green chili (slit cut)
- Salt, as per taste
- 15 gm mustard seeds (rai)
- 2 lemon juice
- Pinch of red chili, for color
- To prepare this tangy pickle, first wash and peel the ginger, garlic, and green chili, pat dries them with the kitchen towel. Ensure to remove all the water drops from it. Water can spoil your pickle.
- Cut the ginger into thin juliennes strips, green chiles in slits, and garlic remains in cloves only.
- Take a big bowl, place the ginger and green chili first, lemon juice add salt, give a good mix with fingers, and set aside for 5-7 minutes.
- Once it is done, now add garlic cloves, rai, and red chili. Again mix well and keep it for 7-10 minutes.
- After this transfer, this pickle into a dry glass lidded jar, seal this and store the pickle to room temperature.
Your ginger, garlic, green chili pickle is ready.