If this was your daily breakfast, you’d probably never skip it. Spicy and overdosing with flavour, this open-faced toast will leave you lip-smacking for more. Unlike other food specialities, Hyderabadi cuisine is rich in vegetarian dishes and this wonderful dish is just one of them.
If not for breakfast, this dish is also great for brunch or as a snack. Want to give it a try? Scroll down to know the recipe for Hyderabadi toast.
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 tbsp of cornflour
- 250g of boiled potatoes
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp of garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp of ginger paste
- 2 green chillis
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of Haldi
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Chopped onions and tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of chopped coriander
- 1-2 tbsp of sev or bhujia
- In a pan, add the oil and let it heat up.
- Drop in the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add the remaining ingredients like garlic paste, ginger paste, chopped green chillis, and turmeric powder.
- Mix in the mashed potatoes, and fold in the salt, lemon juice, and stir.
- Add the flour and cornflour to a bowl and add half a cup of water, to make a thin paste.
- Dip the bread for five seconds on each side and let the excess drip off.
- In another pan, add the oil and let the bread slices shallow fry.
- Bring the bread to the plate, and add a quarter of the potato batter.
- Sprinkle the chopped onions and tomatoes and green chutney.
- Garnish with sev or choice of bhujia and coriander.