How To Make Tandoori Momos At Home?
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Try this easy recipe of tandoori momos at home and drool over them.
If you love experimenting, then give a desi twist to your favourite momos. Tantalizing steamed momos marinated with a punch of spices can be cooked in your oven. Tandoori momo is a variant of steam momos that originated from Nepal and Tibet. These are fiery bright red tossed in the tandoori paste. Mint chutney and onions or mayonnaise on the side are the best combination for serving. Scroll down for the complete recipe.
Ingredients for tandoori momos
- 1 cup refined flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup boiled chicken (shredded and minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup cabbage (grated)
- ½ cup carrot (grated)
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 cup hung curd
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp besan
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Salt, to taste
Instructions to prepare tandoori momos
- In a large bowl, mix salt, refined flour, oil, and water into the mixture. Knead a smooth dough. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a container, add garlic, onion, ginger, and saute till it turns translucent.
- Now add veggies, cabbage, carrots, chicken, salt, black pepper. Mix well and cook until it softens.
- After 15-20 minutes, take a prepared momos dough in a small portion and roll in a small circular thin layer.
- Take about 1-2 tsp stuffing and place it into the middle of the dough. Use your finger to pull the dough and pleat one side to the other. Press the edges to seal from fingers. Repeat the process for all momos.
- Now time to heat the steamer; place the momos and steam for 10-12 minutes. Not fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, take a large bowl, add curd and all marinated ingredients and mix well to combine all the spices. Also, preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Once the steamed momos are cooked, allow for dipping the momos into the marination paste.
- And line them in the baking tray with parchment paper. Heat the oven to 200 degrees and bake them for about 7-10 minutes till the edges turn rusty in color.
Your homemade tandoori momos are ready. Serve this with a topping of chat masala along with green chutney.