How To Make An 'Eggless' Omelette For Breakfast
Updated : June 15, 2021 10:06 IST
This omelette is made with gram flour and various vegetables, matching the actual texture of the omelette.
Omelette is one of the most preferred food items for breakfast, the go-to meal is often accompanied with bread. This combination is widely popular around the world. Typically, an omelette is made by beating eggs, chillies, veggies, and meat together. It is tossed in a pan and served hot. An omelette is filling and gives you the energy you need to get going through the day. It is loaded with proteins which makes it both healthy and tasty.
Hardcore vegetarians are unable to experience the deliciousness of this iconic treat. For them, we have this recipe of eggless vegan omelette. This omelette is made with gram flour and various vegetables, matching the actual texture of the omelette. Beside this gram flour is also high in protein making it the ultimate alternative of omelette for the vegan community out there. So, without wasting any more time here’s the scrumptious recipe.
• 1 cup gram flour (Besan)
• 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (Maida)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 nos. green chilies, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• ½ cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
• 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
• 1 small tomato, finely chopped
• Toasted slices of breads
• Salt to taste
• Chaat masala
1. In a bowl add gram flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, green chilies, garlic, onion, tomato and coriander leaves. Mix them well.
2. Then add water to the mixture slowly. Whisk the batter until it's smooth and lump-free. Make sure there aren’t any lumps.
3. In a non-stick pan add a few drops of oil and heat it over a medium flame. When it’s hot enough, lower the flame.
4. With the help of a ladle, take the batter and spread it as thin as possible. Let it cook for 30-40 secs or until the edges are slightly brown in color.
5. Flip the vegan omelette and keep the toasted bread in the center. Now slowly take the edges of the crêpe with the help of spatula and cover the bread from all the sides.
6. Let it cook for a couple of minutes more. Then sprinkle it with some chaat masala.
That’s it. Your vegan omelette is ready to be devoured. Eat while it’s hot and crispy.