How To Make A Perfect And Delicious Sunny-Side Up, Expert Tips
Updated : August 03, 2021 07:08 IST
Find out how you can make a perfect sunny-side up just like a pro.
Whenever we cannot find anything in our kitchen, we know there is one thing that will never disappoint. You guessed it right, we are talking about eggs. This humble ingredient is there to rescue us early in the morning as well as in the night. There is a gamut of dishes that can be made with egg, but sunny-side up is one of the most classic dishes which tingles our taste buds almost every time. Sunny-side up is not just a regular dish, it also needs a fair amount of skill to come out perfect. Even though, all it entails is to drop an egg on a hot pan, but more often than not, all we get is an ugly, unshapely blob of yolk that sits on top of uncooked egg white. There is an intricate way of making sure that the eggs come out perfect and we are here to help you with just that.
Here are a few tips and tricks that can serve as fool-proof hacks for a perfect sunny-side up.
1. Fresh eggs are the best way to get better results as they increase the chances of egg whites and yolk holding up together.
2. If you want to avoid the breaking of yolk before adding it into the pan, then crack the egg into an individual bowl and carefully pour each egg into the pan before cooking.
3. Non-stick pan offers a great result to prepare sunny-side up. If you don’t have one, make sure you grease the pan nicely with oil or butter to avoid sticking and burning.
4. Cooking them in high heat will harden the egg whites, giving you only brownish black crispy edges. It is essential to cook them in low heat to get evenly cooked whites with perfect runny egg yolk.
5. Before covering the skillet with a lid, add ½ tbsp of water around its edges, so the moisture retains within. This will give you fluffy white edges.
We are sure these hacks will help you a lot. So, here’s the recipe for sunny-side up that you can cook right away.