Here's A Recipe For Making Dough Balls At Home
- Aishwarya Khanna
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
They are lip-smacking and brilliant. Why don’t you give them a try?
What are dough balls, essentially? Well, they are like snacking buns that taste great with garlic butter or olive oil. If you love to bite into a flavourful and fluffy dough, then this recipe is for you. Compared to chewy cardboard dough, the recipe here highlights the best ingredient ratio to make dough balls that are at par with restaurant quality. They are lip-smacking and brilliant. Why don’t you give them a try?
Photo: Marina Leonova
INGREDIENTS FOR DOUGH BALLS:
- ⅔ cup milk at room temperature
- 4 tsp fresh yeast
- 4 tsp castor sugar
- 4 cups refined flour
- 4 tsp milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp yellow butter
- Black/white sesame seeds
- Olive oil for greasing
FOR THE BUTTER-GARLIC DIP
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 garlic powder
- A pinch of rosemary
- A pinch of thyme
- A pinch of parsley
- Preheat the oven at 356°F
- In a bowl, add yeast,1/2 tsp sugar, and 1 tbsp warm water. Leave it to rest.
- In a separate bowl, add salt, milk powder, and remaining sugar.
- Create a well in the center, and add the yeast mixture. Now knead the dough while adding water step by step.
- Add butter and continue to knead, till the dough becomes smooth.
- Set aside the dough in a bowl, and cover it with a cloth for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Make five different dough balls.
- Place it on the baking tray. Apply milk wash on the dough balls.
- Bake the dough balls for 15-20 minutes.
- You can serve these dough balls with butter, and add some garlic and herbs to it too! Mix everything mentioned under ‘butter-garlic dip’. Enjoy!
- We assure you that these dough balls will taste better than going out for any burger and beer night!
Jump on the bandwagon and try making the dough balls for your next weekend!