Health And Taste On A Plate: Know How To Make This Punjabi Dahi Sabzi In Less Than 10 Minutes
Updated : August 10, 2021 08:08 IST
Got unexpected guests at home and have no veggies in the pantry? Well, just grab a bowl of dahi, chop some onions and tomatoes and make this tangy, delicious sabzi in less than ten minutes!
Whatever may be the situation, some things never change like a sliced nimbu and a bowl of dahi in the fridge in every other Indian household. Be it aloo ka paratha or khichdi, dahi works as a perfect accompaniment for almost every Indian delicacy. But do you know that dahi can be used as a main dish too? Commonly known as “rerhua” or “rerhu” in Punjabi, here is a recipe for traditional Punjabi dahi sabzi that you can make in less than ten minutes.
• 1 cup dahi
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 green chillies, slit
• 1 large tomato, chopped
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp coriander powder
• 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp kasuri methi
• 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
• Salt, according to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the green chillies and the chopped onions. Saute them till they are golden brown.
2. Now add the tomatoes and saute them for two to three minutes.
3. Wait till the tomatoes are mushy and add all the required spices and sprinkle some water. Cover and cook for a minute or two.
4. Turn the heat off, add the coriander leaves and kasuri methi and allow the mixture to cool.
5. Whisk the curd and make a smooth paste. Add some water to adjust the consistency.
6. Add the cooled down mixture to the whisked curd and whisk well to combine.
7. Sprinkle some garam masala on top before serving.
Filled with probiotics and digestive enzymes, dahi is a great option to be consumed daily, especially in summers. This dahi sabzi is perfect to go with parathas, rotis and rice. You can alter the quantity of the spices according to your taste preference. It's time to leave your phone and whisk some curd to try this recipe now.