Have Chai At Home? Make This Unique Cheesecake
- Aishwarya Khanna
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Anyone who has spent a lot of time living in India knows how much people love their daily cup of chai and some biscuits to accompany it.
Anyone who has spent a lot of time living in India knows how much people love their daily cup of chai and some biscuits to accompany it. Some people drink as many as seven to eight cups of chai daily. We know that it is impossible to forgo chai and biscuits from your daily routine. However, at some point you may feel ready to embrace something new; for that occasion, may we suggest something special?
Photo: Rumman Amin
Let’s talk about chai cheesecake. We didn’t know what a genius idea this was, but upon hearing about it, we just had to share. This isn’t another one of the bizarre makeovers that chai has often got in the past. In fact, this recipe is impressive. So don’t let the name scare you away from trying the recipe. Don’t get caught up reading what social media has to say! Here’s how you can make your own chai cheesecake —
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 180 grams whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of gelatin
- 1 glass of hot water
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 2-4 tablespoons of milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of tea leaves
- 10 ginger biscuits
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- In a pan, mix some hot water, tea leaves and cardamom on medium flame.
- Add milk after 2-3 minutes. Bring it to a boil.
- Using a sieve, separate the liquid and solids. Collect the liquid in a bowl. Discard the solids.
- Next, soak gelatin in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and whipped cream.
- Add tea, and soaked gelatin to the cream cheese and whipped cream mixture.
- Now, crumble the ginger biscuits, and mix with melted butter.
- Now, transfer some of the crumbled ginger biscuits into chai glasses.
- Top with chai-cream mixture.
- Refrigerate the glasses for 3-4 hours, until the cream has set.
We hope that you’ll enjoy making this cheesecake!