Got Bored By Eating Regular? Try Your Hands On This Chicken Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Want a healthier pizza? Try this chicken cauliflower pizza crust recipe at home.
A cauliflower crust? Umm yes! Believe us guys this crust is brimming with flavours. Packed with veggies and shredded chicken, this cauliflower crust pizza recipe is a healthy option to satisfy your pizza cravings without cheating on your diet. You can make this with minimal ingredients at home. Scroll down to know the low-carb pizza recipe.
For The Crust:
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Chopped basil leaves
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
For The Toppings:
- 1 boneless chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
- 2 tbsp garlic (crushed)
- Salt, flakes, and pepper, as required
- 1 tbsp butter, plus extra for greasing
- Cherry tomatoes (halves cut)
- 1 small red onion (wedges cut)
- 2 tbsp pizza tomato sauce
- 1 handful of baby spinach (chopped)
- parmesan/mozzarella cheese (grated)
How To Make Chicken Cauliflower Base Pizza:
- To begin with, first, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a large skillet, bring about ¼ cup of water, and season it with salt.
- Add cauliflower and cook until it gets crisp and tender, for 3-5 minutes.
- Once it is done, drain the excess water.
- Add cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until it grated like rice. Now take a muslin cloth and squeeze to drain the remaining water from it.
- Transfer the dried cauliflower to a large bowl and add beaten egg, parmesan cheese, and seasoned it with salt, garlic powder, chopped basil leaves, and butter. Mix well everything.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and grease it with oil. Mound the cauliflower mix into the center of the tray by using a spoon or hands to spread out into a thin round.
- Make sure it is a little thicker at the edges to create a crust and bake it for 10-15 minutes until it turns golden brown and crisp at the edges.
- Once it is done, spread the topping ingredients at the base such as pizza tomato sauce, shredded chicken breast, crushed garlic, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced onions, chopped baby spinach, and garnish it with salt, pepper, flakes, butter, and choice of grated cheese.
- Again transfer it to the oven and bake it for another 10-12 minutes, till the cheese melts.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes, slice into quarters and serve with choice of dip.