Gamja Hot Dogs ( French Fries Corn Dog ) From Korean Streets To Your Kitchen
- Pragya Jha
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
One of the popular street foods in South Korea, Korean corn dog, also known as gamja hot dog in Korea.
From plain hot dogs, hot dogs wrapped in crispy baked potatoes, hot dogs with mozzarella, hot dogs with cheddar, sweet potato hot dogs and so on, the options with hot dogs are truly unlimited. But when in Korea, gamja hot dogs are a must to eat.
You can find gamja hot dogs in almost every Korean restaurant and random street. It may not be healthy compared to other traditional Korean dishes, but it tastes very super delicious.
To make this Korean street food at home, follow the given recipe.
For the batter
1 cup all purpose flour plus more for dusting
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup cold milk
1/2 tsp salt
For cheese corn dogs
Oil for frying
7 to 8 cheese sticks
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup bread crumbs
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl and whisk.
- Now, add the egg and milk. Stir everything until smooth. Pour the dough into a tall glass and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the cheese sticks on bamboo or wooden skewers. Sprinkle with flour and place in the freezer for at least 5-10 minutes. ( It is very important that everything is cold, otherwise, the cheese will flow into the butter ).
- Heat cooking oil to 350 ° F.
- Dip the cheese stick slices in the cold dough and cover them. Now quickly sprinkle with the bread crumbs and carefully place them in the frying oil.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the butter from the pan and place it on a baking sheet lined with a paper towel.
- Place the sugar on a small baking sheet or large plate. Dip the corn dogs in the sugar while it is still hot to cover it evenly.
Do not miss to add spicy ketchup and honey mustard as per your taste and serve.