Fluffy And Sweet Coconut Flour Pancakes: A Happy Dessert
- Pragya Jha
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Deciding every day what to make for breakfast can be a little frustrating. Here is a dessert recipe that can be a perfect fit for your breakfast and an anecdote of good taste.
This pancake recipe is super healthy because of coconut flour. Coconut flour has a lot of fiber and healthy saturated fat that can help reduce bad cholesterol.
To make this pancake, you need very few ingredients and can be prepared in 10 minutes.
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the coconut flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, make the mixture of wet ingredients. Add almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Beat the eggs in the bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until there are no lumps left. Let it rest for 2-3 minutes so that the coconut flour can absorb the liquid.
- If the batter seems too thick, you can add a little more milk to it. The fluffiness and softness of the pancakes depend on the batter.
- Now, it’s time to cook the pancakes. Take a large non-stick pan and dust it with cooking oil. Heat the stove over medium heat.
- Pour about one cup of pancake batter onto the hot pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake and the edges feel dry. Flip and cook until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes with fruit toppings like chopped strawberries and berries.
The coconut flour pancakes are gluten-free and good for people who follow the paleo or keto diet.