Eid-al-Fitr 2021: Celebrate The Festival With Sheer Khurma Recipe
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Do you know that Sheer Khurma is one of the popular recipes prepared for Eid-ul-Fitr? Learn a quick and easy recipe prepared by using dry fruits, vermicelli and milk.
Sheer khurma vermicelli pudding recipe: Eid Mubarak! Eid al-Fitr is here, and we cannot wait to celebrate this special day with our family and friends. Can you imagine your festivals without sweets? We bet you cannot! Hence, Eid would be incomplete without the traditional Sheer Khurma. Vermicelli Pudding (Sheer Khorma's English name) is one of the most popular recipes prepared for the joyful occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr. In Persian, khurma mean dates and Sheer means milk; hence the literal meaning of this dish is dates with milk. Prepared using milk, dry fruits and vermicelli, Sheer Khurma is enjoyed by all. Here is how you can bring a modern twist to the traditional recipe by adding makhana and coconut.
Makhana Sheer Khurma Recipe
- 1-litre milk
- 250 grams Vermicelli
- 1 cup grated coconut and dates
- 100 grams chopped (makhana) lotus seeds
- 1 cup roughly chopped cashew nuts, sliced almonds and chironji
- 8 – 10 coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup dry raisins/kishmish
- 150 grams mawa (khoya)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cardamoms and cloves
- A pinch of cardamom powder and some strands of saffron.
Method For Sheer Khurma Recipe
- Break the vermicelli into tiny bits and put them aside. Heat ghee in a kadhai and sauté vermicelli with cloves and cardamom seeds. Add vermicelli in a kadhai and cook it till they become golden.
- Heat ghee in a separate kadhai and add dates. Fry them well add lotus seeds (makhanas).
- Next, add mawa (khoya) and dry fruits—Cook thoroughly for a minute.
- Stir in coconut and fry for other seconds.
- Immediately add roasted vermicelli and stir thoroughly along with all other ingredients.
- Add milk to a pan and bring to boil. When the milk curdles, add cardamom powder and sugar.
- To the milk, add the roasted vermicelli mix. Cook appropriately for five to ten minutes.
- Garnish with raisins, pistachios and almonds.