Easy And Wholesome Methi Dana And Besan Sabzi You Should Make At Home
- Ritisha Garg
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Have fun making methi dana and besan sabji at home that will impress you and your family1
Eating homemade food is always a great way to lead and maintain a healthy lifestyle. So keep yourself energetic and zestful all day long with a homemade dish that is extra delicious, healthy and hearty which is sure to uplift your spirits. Methi dana besan sabzi is a popular Rajasthani side dish that is made with the goodness of dana methi ( fenugreek seeds) and several other ingredients that never fail to deliver a rich, authentic flavour for our taste buds. This wholesome side dish is highly recommended by the people of Rajasthan because it helps in curing gastric problems and offers countless other benefits making it essential for all of us to include it in our everyday diet.
So enjoy the experience of making methi dana and besan sabzi at home without the actual hassles of cooking. Grab all the deets below!
- 100g dana methi ( fenugreek seeds)
- 100g besan ( gram flour)
- 2 tablespoon fennel seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 3-4 tablespoon oil
Method for preparation-
- Before preparing this dish, soak the fenugreek seeds in 250ml water overnight a day before.
- In the same water, boil the fenugreek seeds in a saucepan for at least 5-10 minutes. Strain the seeds and keep aside.
- Take a pan and heat it with oil, add fennel seeds, red chili powder, salt besan, methi and a pinch of asafoetida,
- Keep stirring for a while and let it cook for sometime.
- Methi dana besan sabzi is ready!
- Transfer into a serving bowl and enjoy eating it warm with roti or phulka.
Tip - After straining the fenugreek seeds, you can drink the water in the morning on an empty stomach. This is because it’s considered to be extremely beneficial for our body and helps in keeping us healthy.