DIY Natural Makeup: Pack Your Vanity Kit With These Homemade Foundations
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
You can create your own natural and affordable makeup with these simple kitchen ingredients. Pamper yourself with these biological homemade foundation bases.
Kitchen ingredients are highly beneficial to your overall health, so why not add them to your makeup? Obtaining a foundation that suits your skin tone is a little complicated. However, there are two super foundations that you can easily make at your home. A homemade foundation is a great way to save money and protect your skin from harmful chemicals and diseases like skin cancer, pigmentation, acne, and tanning.
Full Coverage Foundation
This foundation is made with natural ingredients like shea butter, argan oil, and aloe vera gel. It not only moisturizes your skin but helps the skin agent to fight acne, reduce skin inflammation, and protect your skin from getting tanned.
- 1 tsp shea butter
- 1 tsp argan oil
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp witch hazel
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp emulsifying wax
- Take a glass bowl, add argan oil, wax, and shea butter.
- Melt these ingredients and mix until they turn into a nice and smooth mixture.
- Add some witch hazel and aloe vera gel into the glass bowl, stir gently and turn the flame off.
- Let the mixture cool down naturally, and when it's lukewarm, add cocoa powder to it.
- Mix everything well to get a foundation-like smooth consistency.
- Pour this mixture into a small airtight container and keep it in your make kit.
Light Coverage Foundation
This light coverage foundation is full of nutmeg powder and prevents acne. Also, this foundation nourishes the skin cells and brings a glow to your skin.
- 2-3 tbsp of any light moisturizer (baby lotion)
- ½ tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 2-3 drops of any favourite essential oil
- Take a glass bowl, add some moisturizer, cornflour, nutmeg powder, and cocoa powder.
- Mix these dry powders altogether, add a few drops of essential oil, and give a nice gentle mix to it.
- Now add a pinch of turmeric; you can add more if you have a warm skin tone or add more cocoa powder to this foundation to match your tone.
- Mix everything so well that your ingredients mix nicely.
- Transfer this to an airtight container and store it to make a box.
Although all the ingredients are natural to use for the foundation recipe. We would advise you to take a patch test and check if you’re allergic to any of the ingredients used to make these foundations.