Dippy Eggs For Your Grilled Cheese; Recipe Inside
- Aishwarya Khanna
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Making dippy eggs for yourself on a day you have just to yourself might be the perfect way to savour the experience
If you thought that there are just four to five convenient ways of making eggs, think again. Some of the preparation methods might not be a thing where you live yet, but slowly and surely, people are tapping into sharing platforms to discover something new. Thanks to social media, we now know what all other people are doing around with eggs. There is one style of egg preparation that I recently found out about. The pictures looked tempting. The dish is called “dippy” eggs.
Dippy eggs, or soft-boiled eggs are cooked through steam. But once you remove the eggs after they are done, you don’t have to peel them. Instead, directly transfer the eggs into an eggcup. Crack open the top of the egg with a spoon. But be careful with this last step, especially if you do not crack eggs very often. You don’t want to mess up the best part: the melted egg yolk that drips out when you dip a piece of toast into it.
You should make the dippy eggs on a day when you feel like you’re in the mood for something fancy, and yet not quite so decadent that you’d serve it at a party. Making dippy eggs for yourself on a day you have just to yourself might be the perfect way to savour the experience. Do you know what would taste better than toast with dippy eggs? Grilled cheese.
Here’s how you can make dippy eggs and grilled cheese —
Photo: Nathan DumlaoMETHOD
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 slice Amul cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup water
- Fill a medium pot with one cup of water.
- Put it on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- While you’re waiting for the water to boil, spread some butter on each slice of toast. Flip it over and spread a slice of cheese.
- Cover the cheese with another slice of bread but the buttered part should be facing you.
- Pour some oil into a pan, and allow it to heat on medium flame.
- While you wait for the oil to heat up, gently add two eggs in the pot of water. Cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 7 minutes.
- When the pan is hot, gently put the sandwich in. Allow it to sizzle, until the side facing down turns golden brown. Flip it over, and allow the other side to cook.
- Remove from heat when both sides are done.
- After 7 minutes, remove the eggs from the pot. Set aside so they cool down.
- Now using a spoon, tap the egg so it cracks.
- Peel the shell off the top.
- Peel the egg white off the top too.
- Serve with grilled cheese.
We hope you’ll enjoy this recipe!