Dieting? 5 Diet Tips You Must Keep In Mind While Preparing Lunch
- Sushmita Sengupta
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Confused what to make for a 'diet-friendl' lunch? Keep these tips in mind.
So, you managed to make do with a sloppy sandwich for your breakfast, but what are you going to do about your ‘lunch situation?’ You know, it needs to be a filling one; not only is your stomach growling, but you also need your fill of nutrition. According to Ayurveda, your lunch should be your biggest and most important meal of the day. While the jury is out on this, several experts so seem to concur that your lunch should be loaded with all things healthy. Think: whole grains, greens, protein. If you are on a weight-loss diet, and don’t know how to go about making your lunch. Here are some tips.
1. Do Not Forget Protein: Protein helps build muscle; it helps fill you up. If you work out often, it also helps recover muscle mass. So make sure your lunch is full of protein, you can add chicken, eggs, paneer, tofu, or a combination of lentils and legumes.
2. Keep It A Healthy Mix: Not just protein, you need to make sure you keep a balance all macronutrients. Good carbs and good fats are also equally important. Remember, little bit of ghee in khichdi would not do as much harm, as skipping essential food groups would
3. Include At Least One Vegetable In Your Diet: Vegetables are a storehouse of antioxidants, fibre and vitamins. Include greens and as many local and seasonal vegetables as possible.
4. Do Not Overeat: It is very crucial to maintain portion control. Just because you think you are having an early lunch and you would be hungry soon after doesn’t mean you stuff yourself up. Try and eat more fibre-rich foods, they help keep you satiated for long
5. You Need Good Hydration: That does not mean you fill yourself up with water or soup and ignore the food. Drinking water in regular intervals of times helps digestion and good digestion is key to weight loss.
Keep these tips in mind and have a healthy and filling lunch everyday.