Did Someone Say Gin? 'Cause Nothing Says Gin Like Gin Tea
Updated : August 09, 2021 13:08 IST
Can it get any more British than Gin and Tea? Bring together your teatime and happy hour with a glass of this stuff.
Thought of as a royal tea cocktail, this drink is as brilliant as it is refreshing. Originally created by Beefeater Gin to celebrate "The Queen" and its subsequent 2007 Oscar win, but it is in fact a timeless drink. Typically, a Gin and Tea is earl grey tea, but you can’t go wrong with lavender or even lemon tea. This also gives the appearance of “healthy” as it's sweetened by honey and not simple syrup.
Easy to make and easy to drink, this libation will become your new favourite cocktail!
1 1/2 shots London dry gin
1 bag of earl grey tea
1 tsp of lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
1 lemon wheel
1. Boil some water for tea brewing.
2. Let the teabag and water, set aside till it reaches its full potential.
3. Separate out an ounce of the brew water and allow it to cool.
4. To a tall glass filled with ice, add the gin and tea followed by the lemon juice.
5. Mix in the honey and stir until well combined.
6. Garnish with the lemon wheel and enjoy it cold.
7. You can also prepare this in a cocktail shaker to get a more slushie like texture. For that add all the ingredients into a shaker and fill with ice and shake. Pour into a coupe glass to enjoy a Gin Tea Slushie.
Pro Tip, if you don’t have a London Dry Gin, use your favourite kind or any you’ve got on hand. Same for the earl grey, use any tea you like but make sure it’s not a very strong flavour.