Dhokla Sushi: Have You Tried Making This Fusion Dish Yet?
- Aishwarya Khanna
Updated : June 18, 2022 07:06 IST
Do not roll the cling in between the base.
Dhokla sushi is a fusion dish made in India. It uses the technique of making Japanese sushi but substitutes idli batter for sticky rice. As it is Indian-style sushi, thereby it is replicating some elements of the Gujarati dhokla also! If you are fond of trying new and inventive dishes, give this recipe a go!
This recipe can be prepared in an hour and a half. Be sure to prep before starting the process!
- 1 cup readymade Idli mix
- 1 cup curd
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp finely ground coconut
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 green capsicum
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp ralt
- 3 garlic cloves
- Using a whisk, mix the idli mix with curd to make the sushi base.
- Slowly start adding water so the batter has a thin consistency.
- Now let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a dhokla thali.
- Pour water into a dhokla stand and boil.
- Put the thali into the dhokla stand.
- Cover with a lid and steam for 10 minutes
- Empty the steamed batter from the lid and into a plate.
- Wait for it to cool down.
- Meanwhile, grind all the filling ingredients to make a paste.
- Take a rectangular piece of cling wrap, and grease it with oil.
- Sprinkle finely ground coconut, black and white sesame seeds on the foil.
- Now place a thin disc of the sushi base on the foil.
- Spread mayonnaise, garlic chutney, red and green capsicum slices.
- Start rolling the foil from one end, making sure that the base does not break.
- Do not roll the cling in between the base.
- Leave it aside for 5 minutes.
- Unfold the cling, and cut the dhokla sushi in pieces.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Check out Slurrp for more amazing recipes!