Craving Meetha? Here's And Instant And Creamy Egg Rasmalai To The Rescue
- Ritisha Garg
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
If rasmalai is your favourite Indian sweets of all-time, then this egg rasmalai is definitely the one that you cannot miss out on.
Rasmalai is a sweet and delicious Bengali delicacy that is wholeheartedly prepared by dipping juicy yet soft flattened balls of chhena in thickened milk, that is always flavoured with kesar and cardamom. There’s no denying that most Bengali sweets usually take hours to finally get ready but believe us, making Rasmalai with an egg is a lot less laborious than you can imagine. Even if you aren't a pro at making Rasmalai at home, this recipe is still the one to look at and try your hands on. Moreover, if you’re among one of those people who despise eating eggs, worry not because neither does this Rasmalai smell like it nor can you feel the taste any egg in the sweet. It just helps bind the sweet and give it a richer texture. The ultimate result is just an indulgent taste and deliciousness. So here's the recipe for making it at home.
- 200g milk powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- Half litres milk
- Elaichi powder
- 2-3 tablespoon sugar ( as per taste)
- 10-12 strands of saffron
- Dry fruits
- Take a small bowl, add saffron strands and keep it for dissolving until the milk takes up the colour of saffron.
- Now take a sauce pan and pour the rest of the milk into it. Keep it to boil for at least 15-20 minutes. Also add two tablespoons of milk powder into the saucepan.
- Now take a bowl with milk powder, elaichi powder, baking soda and beat an egg into it. Whisk the mixture well. You will achieve a smooth dough.
- Using the dough, roll it by making flattened balls.
- After the balls are ready, dip them in the saucepan with milk. After adding the balls, sprinkle some dry fruits and add the bowl of saffron milk into the same pan.
- Boil everything together on low-medium flame for only 10 minutes.
- By following these simple steps, your Rasmalai is ready! Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Serve it cool!
We would love it if you tried making our delicious Egg Rasmalai at home. So quickly try it out!