This is how you can make Italian garlic balls at home in under 60 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 300 g wheat flour
- 4 g instant yeast
- Take a bowl, add around 200 ml warm water, yeast, honey, garlic cloves, and wheat flour.
- Mix and knead the ingredients by hand for 5 minutes (until they come together to form a soft ball).
- Make round balls of the dough, then pour the oil into a bowl, knead the dough again so that it is entirely covered with the oil. No more kneading required after this.
- Cover the bowl of dough and leave it at room temperature for 25-30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, sprinkle flour on the cooking surface.
- Place the dough on the floured surface and divide it into equal-sized balls, then cover with tea towels for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190 °
- Once the oven is preheated, take out the preheated baking dish and spread the balls evenly over it.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While the dough balls are cooking, combine the butter and a teaspoon of garlic granules.
- When the italian balls are cooked, toss them in a bowl of butter and cover the balls with an even layer of butter and garlic granules.
- Serve hot garlic balls!
Note: If you are using frozen garlic dough, thaw overnight and let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes before making this dish.
One bite of this wholesome dish can burst the Italian flavour in your mouth.