Chicken Mayo Sandwich: Treat Yourself To This Yummy Breakfast
- Pragya Jha
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Shoutout to all the chicken lovers out there, this yummy sandwich recipe is for them.
Chicken mayo sandwiches are the best breakfast meal for people. Chicken is high in lean proteins that help you stay full for longer because protein assists the body fat to burn more quickly. This recipe will save you time and ensure you get lean protein.
These sandwiches are made with whole-grain brown bread, but you can of course use any bread you like; white bread, baguettes, buns or sandwich bread.
The chicken mayo sandwich is extremely simple and takes not much time to prepare. Here's how you can make one for yourself.
- 8 slices of multigrain brown bread ( you can also use white bread )
- 250-gram chicken breasts ( boneless )
- Fresh 3-4 lettuce leaves ( stems removed )
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion ( finely chopped )
- 1 spring onion ( finely chopped )
- ½ cup chopped mushroom
- 1 chopped tomato
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Wash and drain the chicken breasts. Cut it into strips and sauté with salt and pepper until the strips are tender and brown. Remove chicken strips from heat, cool and chop them into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, onion, tomato, mushroom, spring onion, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and oil. Mix well to combine.
- Cut the hard edges of the bread with a bread knife. In a non-stick pan, lightly roast the slices of bread with butter.
- Cut each slice diagonally in the center.
- Distribute about 2 tablespoons of the prepared mixture to each slice.
- Place the lettuce leaves on top and cover one bread on the other.
- Serve immediately.
This chicken mayo sandwich recipe is sure to garner a lot of praise from kids.