Cajun BBQ Sauce: Learn How To Make This Delicious Condiment
Updated : August 06, 2021 05:08 IST
Planning to whip up a condiment for your barbeque spread? Try this Cajun BBQ sauce recipe to have a delicious barbeque night.
No meal is complete without a flavourful condiment to compliment the flavours of the platter. One such incredible condiment is Cajun BBQ sauce. As the name suggests, the sauce is perfect for your weekend barbeque night to make your guests drool. Rich and thick, with a balanced sweet and spicy flavour, this sauce pairs well with anything and everything from fatty meats like pork chops to light and bright leafy salads. Already drooling and wondering about how to make it? We have got you covered with a detailed recipe for the sauce. Here you go!
• 3 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 large onions, chopped
• 5 garlic cloves, peeled
• 3 jalapenos, chopped
• 1 bell pepper, chopped (preferably red)
• 3 tomatoes, chopped
• ½ cup tomato puree
• 1 tsp oregano
• 2 tsp paprika
• 2 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 large bowl of broth of your choice
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 4 tbsp jaggery
• ¼ cup vinegar
• ½ orange, sliced and deseeded
• Salt, according to taste
1. Heat some oil in a pan and add the onions, garlic, jalapenos, tomatoes and bell pepper and saute well till the onions are golden brown.
2. Add the tomato puree and cook for five more minutes.
3. Add the spices and cook for 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
4. Deglaze the mixture by adding one cup of broth.
5. Before pouring it into the pressure cooker, add the oranges, lemon juice, jaggery, vinegar and bay leaves. Place the pressure cooker on high heat and cook for 4 whistles.
6. Remove the lid and cook the mixture on high heat till it is thick and reduced.
7. Remove the bay leaves and the orange peels and blitz the mixture.
8. Taste it and adjust the flavour by adding more jaggery, lemon juice, salt and spices.
You can add this sauce to your pizza base instead of the classic tomato sauce, to tostadas, tacos and even use it to bake your meats, no matter lean or fatty. Add this condiment to your meal prep today and enjoy wholesome, delicious meals throughout the week.