Breakfast Special: Cheesy and Yummy Bread Omelette
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 06, 2022 03:09 IST
Loaded with cheese and vegetables, it is a filling and healthy breakfast meal!
Bread omelette is a popular tiffin cum snack which is very easy to prepare. The recipe can be prepared in a lot of varieties such as simple omelette, bread omelette, or masala omelette. Cheese bread omelette is another dish which is popular and served worldwide. It is a simple recipe in which bread toast is placed on an omelette along with cheese. Cheese Bread Omelette is an all-time favourite recipe of egg lovers and is served in almost all breakfast buffets in restaurants. It is a lip-smacking dish to have as breakfast and can be served along with tomato sauce and juices.
The dish was created in the 19th century to serve on a piece of bread as a sandwich. It was prepared to serve the cattle drivers in the American West or by Chinese railroad cooks as a sort of transportable egg. It is a filling recipe that can be prepared for quick bites.
Cheese Bread Omelette is a simple, quick as well as healthy breakfast to make your day vibrant and energetic. The dish is loved by kids as well as adults. Here’s how to prepare this healthy omelette at home.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onions
- 2 Slit and Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Capsicum
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 6 Bread Slices
- 6 Cheese Slices
- Butter- For toasting Bread and roasting Omelette
- Take the slices of bread and toast them from both sides using butter
- On the other hand, beat the egg along with chopped onions, green chilli and turmeric. Beat them until you receive a frothy batter
- Next, put the remaining ingredients as well and beat them properly
- Now, heat a pan on a low flame and melt butter in it. Once done, spread the egg mixture all over it
- Next, toss the bread slices on both sides of the omelette
- Toast the bread for approximately 30 seconds. Once done, place the cheese slice onto the bread and bind the remaining omelette over the bread and fold them into half. Fold in such a way that one bread slice is on top of another
- Once again toss the bread on both sides for a minute. Now, cut them into two pieces
Finally, delicious Cheese Bread Omelette is ready to serve
Important Points To Note:
- Ensure to beat the eggs thoroughly to obtain a soft and fluffy mixture
- Add a sufficient amount of oil to make the omelette fluffy and tasty
- Eggs get cooked very quickly so always remove them once they look 90% cooked and let them rest for 10-15 seconds to settle down
- You can use sandwich bread, milk bread or brown bread to make the recipe. You can also use any other bread as per your choice
- You can also use Ghee or oil to roast the bread instead of butter