Breakfast Recipes: Savory Oats Dishes You Can Try This Weekend
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Got bored by eating the same sweet bowl of oats? No worries, step into your kitchen and gather all these below ingredients to make Indian Style oats.
Starting your day with a bowl of oats is the healthiest meal of the day. Of course, you always have oats with milk, but what if you turn them spicy? Oats are filled with nutrients and vitamins; they taste good and provide the utmost energy that keeps you full for long hours. Check out two savoury oat recipes which you can try out for breakfast.
Oat Egg Omelette
This version of oats is packed with proteins and fibres that help balance your cholesterol level. This is an ideal breakfast to have after a workout.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Cheese (grated)
- 1 string of coriander leaf
- Salt, as per need
- Warm the milk on low flame, then add oatmeal into it and mix it up uniformly.
- Now separate the egg white and yolk, beat the egg white, and pour into the hot milk oat mixture.
- Season this with pepper and salt. Now take a separate pan, heat some olive oil. And pour that warm mixture over the pan. Cook the omelette on both sides for a couple of minutes or two. Sprinkle oregano and choice of spices.
- Lastly, grate the cheese on the oatmeal egg omelette and garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
For south Indians, it's a staple food that is served at breakfast. So you only need the main magical ingredient, oats, and your healthy Pongal will get ready.
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup green gram dal
- 2-inch ginger (finely chopped)
- Pinch of asafoetida
- salt, as per taste
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp green chilli (slit cut)
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 5-6 cashew nuts
- Heat a pressure cooker, add ghee and roast oat and green dal for a minute. Now pressure cook both the ingredients with 2 cups of water for 20-25 minutes or cook thoroughly.
- Once it is done, heat some ghee in a saucepan, add cumin seeds, asafoetida powder, curry leaves, cashew nuts, ginger, and saute all till they become fragrant.
- Add green chillies and cooked oats & dal. Little saute it.
- Now add salt and pepper and cook for few minutes.
- Serve hot on your plate and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.