Bombay Sandwich: Bring This Delightful Mumbai Street Food Home With This Recipe
Updated : August 10, 2021 10:08 IST
Bombay sandwich is a mouth-watering snack from the city of Mumbai.
The street food culture of Maharashtra is widely popular across the subcontinent. We are pretty well aware of delicacies like vada pav, pav bhaji, misal pav, dabeli and many more. All of these foods have always satisfied us to bits. The best thing about these dishes is that they are easy to prepare and can be rustled up in a few minutes. Moreover, you only need a handful of ingredients to put them together. We may have found another scrumptious savoury from the streets of Mumbai. It is known as the Bombay sandwich; this snack is quite famous and is considered as a staple snack all around the city. From restaurants, tea stalls to homes- you can spot these dainty yet loaded sandwiches everywhere. In every sapid snack of Mumbai, there is a medley of flavours that makes it distinct and Bombay sandwich is just that. The synergy of flavourful masalas and chutney, truly makes it a lip-smacking delight. The use of crispy vegetables gives it a fresh touch which you can enjoy anytime of the day. It’s a wholesome treat that you can whip up whenever you are too tired to cook an elaborate meal. Here’s a quick and easy recipe for a Bombay sandwich that you can prepare in your own kitchen with no hassle.
Ingredients For Potato Filling:
1. In a skillet, heat oil with cumin seeds and ginger over medium flame. When the seeds begin to crackle, add mashed potatoes with turmeric powder, chaat masala and salt. Sauté it for a couple of minutes until they are well combined. Turn off the flame and sprinkle some coriander leaves, then keep it aside.
2. Assemble the slices of bread in a dish. Take one slice and spread butter on it, then green chutney.
3. After that spread the prepared potato mixture evenly, topping it with onion, tomato and one ring of capsicum.
4. Sprinkle some chaat masala and cover it with another slice of bread. Repeat the process for other slices of bread as well.
5. In a non-stick pan, heat a few drops of oil over low flame. Put the prepared sandwiches into it and roast it for a couple of seconds.
6. Remove them from the pan and sprinkle some sev.
Your yummy Mumbai-style Bombay sandwich is ready.