Bid Adieu To Salons With This 5-Step Natural Pedicure At Home
- Jasmine Kaur
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
We all love a good pampering day, right? Going to the salon for a relaxing spa session and some manicure and pedicure to make our hands and feet feel good. But given the tough times, everyone is skeptical about stepping out. But does that mean we neglect our skin? Of course, no.
Natural ingredients from our kitchen can actually make for a nice, relaxing pamper at home. Follow this 5-step pedicure to get soft feet from the comfort of your home.
1. The first step is to clean your feet and nails. Cut your nails to the desired length and shape. Use acetone and a nail cutter for the same purpose. Do not trim too much. Post this, take some honey and massage it on your nails.
2. Next, fill a tub with some warm water. Add any bathing salts or essential oils if you like. Drop in some rose petals or marigold petals. You can add some sliced lemon to the water too. Dip your feet and enjoy this for about 20 minutes before your dry them with a towel.
3. Since your feet are clean now and have been relaxed too, the next step is to exfoliate. Scrub your toe nails with a cuticle cream and use a pumice stone to get rid of the dead skin. Be careful that you don’t scrub too hard that the skin gets scrapped off.
4. Moving on, now your feet need some moisturization. Wipe the cuticle cream off and rub some lemon slices to lighten the tan on your feet. Then moisturize with some honey and cream by massaging it on your nails. This helps to relax the nerves on the soul of your feet and is connected to other parts of your body like brain and heart. This notion has roots in acupressure.
5. Finally, once your toe nails and feet are clean and moisturized well, it’s time to make them pretty. Add some nail paint of your choice to give it a glint of shine.
Try this super easy pedicure at home and you’ll never have to worry about salon visits again.