An Amazing Evening With Garlic Fries By Your Side: Here's The Recipe For You
- Pragya Jha
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
The more french fries videos we watch on youtube, the more we want to make them at home. Happy to share that french fries are not that difficult to prepare at home.
Always cook the potatoes first by heating the oil until hot. When you add cold or room temperature oil to a potato and fry it while the oil is heating up, the potatoes naturally absorb less oil and actually become a little healthier.
To satisfy your french fries craving, make these garlic fries tossed with parmesan and parsley.
2 large potatoes
3 cloves garlic ( finely minced )
Olive oil for drizzling
Vegetable oil for frying
1 tablespoon grated parmesan
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
pinch of salt or to taste
- Rinse and peel the potatoes. Peel the skin with a potato peeler. Cut the potatoes into quarters. Then cut them into even thinner slices (thick or thin to taste). Dry the potatoes well with a napkin. Before making the fries, potatoes should be as dry as possible.
- Place and cook in a large to a medium saucepan. Brush the potatoes with enough oil to completely cover them. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the potatoes for 30-35 minutes, or until firm and crisp.
- Place the boiled potatoes on a paper towel to let them rest. Put the minced garlic in the hot oil and cook for about 30 seconds. Fry them until they turn golden.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, then add the minced garlic, finely chopped parsley and grated parmesan.
- Add a pinch of salt, mix and taste; add more salt if necessary.
- Eat immediately, otherwise, the fries will lose their crunchiness.
These crispy fries taste just delicious with garlic and cheese. Make this at home and enjoy it as an evening snack or on a movie night.