Here's A Quick Toffee Pudding That Can Save You On Bad Days
Updated : July 01, 2021 12:07 IST
The pudding may last you as long as 4 weeks if you store it in an airtight container and freeze it. So when you have unannounced guests at home and must improvise, just serve this delicious treat.
Sticky toffee pudding is not the same as custard. Instead, it is a cake. Doesn’t that make sticky toffee the best of all? This may tick off those who thought that bread pudding was the king of puddings. But what makes sticky toffee pudding the absolute best is its distinctive style — the cake is steamed to add a lot of moisture to the pudding. Also, cooked dates, after they have cooled down, are used in the cake batter to give that toffee flavour. How delicious!
Sticky toffee pudding is extremely popular in Ireland, New Zealand, Canada and Australia.
The pudding may last you as long as 4 weeks if you store it in an airtight container and freeze it. So when you have unannounced guests at home and must improvise, this dessert will save the day.
Try making the sticky toffee pudding. See the steps below:
• In a small saucepan, pour water and add dates.
• Bring the water to a boil, then simmer down the heat until the dates are soft.
• Add baking soda to this mixture so that it starts to bubble.
• Blend the mixture. Now let it cool down.
• In a bowl, cream the butter until it becomes light and fluffy.
• Add sugar to the butter.
• Stir the eggs and vanilla extract, while you cream the butter and sugar.
• Fold in the flour, salt and baking powder.
• Pour the cooled dates.
• In a pudding basin, add the batter.
• Cover it with foil.
• Put it on top of a pot.
• Pour water in the pot until it touches half the surface of the pudding basin.
• Cover it with a lid.
• Topping with water is crucial, every now and then.
• Steam for 2 hours.
• Remove the pudding basin, then remove the foil. Check whether the pudding is firm.
• Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe. You may also serve the sticky toffee pudding with rum sauce or sweet dessert wine. Enjoy!