Idiyappam: A Perfect South Indian Meal For Your Breakfast Fix
- Ritisha Garg
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Today we have another authentic flavoured south Indian dish called idiyappam, you can eat wiith vegetable stew.
Dive into the sensational world of cooking. We may not be able to travel to every state or country in order to get a taste of culture and popular dishes. This is precisely why cooking is one way you can never miss out on the beautiful journey of experiencing and tasting new dishes. Idiyappam is one among many south Indian mouth-watering dishes that is very easy to make and satisfying to eat.The noodle-like dish originated from Indian states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala, and is a common breakfast meal.The unique appearance, texture and cooking style makes it an intriguing dish. Idiyappam is made using rice flour, pressed into thread or noodles shaped and later steamed. It is served alongside potato and meat curry or any side dish of one’s choice.Along with how to prepare idiyappam, we’re also here with a recipe of a vegetable stew you can enjoy it with. Get ready to indulge in the finger-licking taste of a popular authentic south Indian dish.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup water
- ½ tablespoon salt
- Coconut oil
- Take a pan and fill it with water. Once it gets lukewarm , add rice flour, salt and oil.
- Cook it on low flame and soon after knead a dough out of it.
- Using the dough, we’ll take a mould that is designed for making the idiyappam and make a thin noodle-like shape from them. Stream it for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place a wee bit of grated coconut right under it for the extra flavour.
- French beans
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Mustard seeds
- Kadi patta
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, kadi patta and coconut milk.
- After that, add half boiled mixed vegetables and add them into the pan. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Vegetable stew is ready to serve with idiyappam.